In The News
Who can apply for the Shuttered Venue Operators (SVO) Grant?
- • Live venue operators or promoters
- • Theatrical producers
- • Live performing arts organization operators
- • Relevant museum operators, zoos and aquariums who meet specific criteria
- • Motion picture theater operators
- • Talent representatives, and
- • Each business entity owned by an eligible entity that also meets the eligibility requirements
You need to register (with a Dunn and Bradstreet D-U-N-S number) in the U.S. government’s System for Award Management (SAM) to apply. Start the process today before the program opens.
The application process is not open yet, but those who wish to apply for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant should begin preparing now.
- GET REGISTERED NOW – this process can take weeks. Interested parties should obtain a DUNS number as soon as possible at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform. In addition, Shuttered Venues applicants also need to register with the federal government’s SAM at www.SAM.gov to apply. You will need your DUNs number to apply to SAM.
- Gather documents that demonstrate your number of employees and monthly revenues
- Determine the extent of the gross earned revenue loss you experienced between 2019 and 2020
- Gather backup documentation such as floor plans, contract copies and other evidence
Register for one of two webinars that the Maine Small Business Development Centers is offering about the grant program on February 10th and 17th, from 11am to Noon.
Who: Judy Ceresa, Senior Program Advisor: Grants.gov Program Management Office
What: Establish the basics of finding funding opportunities on the grants.gov site, searching, and navigating the opportunities found.
When: Monday January 25, 2021, at 10:00 am EST
- Meeting ID: 161 380 1198
- Passcode: 514244
The grant is open to documentaries, narrative features, short films and web series. Films must be unique, make a contribution to society, and be budgeted at $500,000 or less. Students are welcome to apply.
Deadline for submission to the Roy W. Dean Grant for spring is March 30, 2021.
For any questions about the grants, email “From the Heart Productions” or call them at (805) 984-0098.
Emergency assistance for eligible venues affected by the COVID pandemic.
The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program was included in the new federal COVID relief funding bill signed into law on December 27, 2020. The program includes $15 billion in grants to shuttered venues and related businesses, to be administered by the Small Business Administration’s Office of Disaster Assistance.
The SBA is in the process of setting up the grant program so get prepared now to apply as soon as it opens: